Senior Safety Engineer (Defence) – Salary range £40,000 – £60,000 DOE + Excellent Benefits
Our Client provide systems and support services to the UK MOD and the wider defence industry, offering end to end support services and project management. We are searching for experienced Engineers with 5-10 years’ experience in the safety field
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Provide bid support to MOD programmes, with project scope assessment to enable accurate quotes to be made
- Liaising with the commercial department to make sure common understanding is in place.
- Chairing project safety meetings, mentoring less experienced engineers
- Supporting Chief Engineer with expanding the companies’ engineering capability
- Designing training programmes for younger less experienced employees
- Managing projects to satisfactory completion
- Continuing professional development
- Handling multiple tasks with the ability to respond to changing priorities whilst still delivering against task completion commitments
- Creation and update of supporting documentation
- Closing out new and ongoing Corrective Actions
- Scoping work for outsource suppliers
- Ensuring compliance with mandatory regulations, standards and company processes
- Incorporates or chartered engineer status for most senior position
- Engineering degree /HND equivalent with 5 years post qualification experience in safety
- Knowledge of MOD POSMS/ POEMS/ CADMID lifecycle model
- Experience in managing multiple MOD contracts
- Can demonstrate sound leadership qualities with excellent communication skills
- Able to translate difficult concepts so they can be easily understood
- Experience of leading and managing teams to develop staff to meet technical and managerial needs
- Customer focused to ensure ongoing understanding of requirements and deliverables Development of sound working relationships with clients
If you are looking for a new challenge within the engineering / product safety field this role could be an ideal opportunity to join a dynamic and growing business. Apply today or contact me for an informal discussion on the role.
Candidate Channel is dedicated to helping you find your next career move, so if you are looking for a new role, submit your CV to us. The perfect job does exist and Candidate Channel can help you find it.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.