Program Manager (Automotive) – Salary c£46,000 DOE +Bonus + Excellent benefits
Our client is a privately held company supplying components, systems and services to the global automotive industry. The core of their business lies within the manufacture of stampings, welded assemblies, mechanisms, and suspension components, as well as the design and development of automotive body / chassis systems.
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of a successful program from development to launch, including timing, engineering, testing, quality and profitability.
- Ensure compliance with and conform to TS16949 and ISO14001 standards
• Champion the quoting process for prototype and production quotes & timing
• Develop and maintain program budgets (costing), track and control development costs (FSS) and product costs
• Responsible for developing and maintaining a program time line
• Provide on-going design input for conducting manufacturing feasibility and customer requirements
• Manages and follows up on all new program testing (internal & external)
• Provide information for input into the preliminary bill of materials
• Oversee kick off and approval of new/modified tooling / gauges check fixtures.
• Participate in the specification, sourcing and negotiations of assembly and tooling contracts
• Arrange & authorise packaging development with packaging and process engineering.
• Conducts program milestone reviews, tracks open issues and reports the status along with corrective actions
• Interface with Quality Department and oversee the preparation of PPAP documentation
• Initiates and coordinates all new program release and engineering changes per the production ECN system.
• Customer interface- (Project Engineering, Customer Engineering, Customer Purchasing)
• Track status and take responsibility for “Program Deliverables” and reconcile cost during the life of the program
Candidate Skills Required:
- It is essential that you have 3 years previous Automotive experience in a Tier 1 or OEM environment.
• Knowledge of ISO/TS16949 systems
• Engineering and or Tool & Die Maker apprenticeship, diploma or equivalent experience / background required
• Ability to read and fully interpret Engineering Drawings and Standards (Applicable GD&T knowledge preferred)
• Intermediate computer skills in Spreadsheets, Word Processing, Microsoft Project, Internet, Flowcharts, and an understanding of Databases, MRP and CAD, software
• High level of organisational skills and time management ability
• Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to effectively interact with outside customers, suppliers, and all levels of employees internally
This is an exciting opportunity with a global company and could be a great career move for a well-qualified and experienced Program Manager in the Automotive industry.
The perfect job does exist and Candidate Channel can help you find it.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.