Material Scheduler – Automotive Tier 1 – Salary c£25,000 DOE + Benefits
Our client is a privately held company supplying components, systems and services to the global automotive industry. Due to a high workload and continued growth they are looking for an experienced Materials Scheduler to add strength to the existing team. You will be responsible for ensuring accurate schedule requirements for the CNC / PRESS / ASSY teams and developing strong working relationships to enable fast and efficient service.
Essential Job Skills:
- Minimum 1 year experience in Scheduling, ideally within the Automotive Industry but otherwise in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Minimum GCSE Grade C education or equivalent
- Must be able to interact with all levels of employees within a multicultural environment
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be computer literate (Word and Excel) with strong IT skills
- APICS experience would be ideal although not essential
- Responsible for maintaining and continuously updating the production schedules
- Maintaining planning inventory levels and economical production quantities with reduced changeovers
- Responsible for the smooth flow of parts to and from all Outplant vendors as well as Inplant operations
- Conducts periodical spot verification of inventory versus indicated quantities
- Participate in continuous improvement program
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Adopt and practice Kaizen Principles and Concepts
- Participate in Kaizen and GEAR activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Work in compliance and conform to TS16949 and ISO14001 standards
This is an exciting opportunity with a global company and could be a great career move for a well qualified and experienced Material Scheduler in the Automotive industry.
Candidate Channel is dedicated to helping you find your next career move, so if you are looking for a new role, submit your CV to us and we can help you find that perfect job.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org